Anish is a wealth and asset management executive with global investing experience across many asset classes and deep technical expertise in numerous investment strategies, portfolio management, product development, proprietary investments and asset allocation. Excellent investment track record and expertise in restructuring initiatives, coupled with a unique ability to develop creative strategies and structure high quality portfolios through deep and thoughtful analytics. A vigilant, energetic and reflective leader with a clear vision, a reputation for thoughtful planning, driving accountability through team building, oversight of organizational risk, collaboration and clear execution of business priorities to achieve measurable results. Anish is frequently sought after by various media outlets for his views and is a regular guest lecturer in academia on finance issues.
Anish formerly led the TD Asset Management Innovative Solutions Group holding the position of Managing Director and Lead Portfolio Manager. In this key strategic role, he provided oversight for a team of 30 investment professionals with USD 100 billion in assets under management which included synthetics, derivatives, quantitative, passive and fundamental mandates. Along with the exceptional growth of this book of business, Anish led a number of operational improvements and restructurings that not only reduced expenses but also helped to expand the derivatives mandates undertaken and significantly reduced error rates.
- Managing Director and Portfolio Manager (2017 – present) covering global equities and fixed income at Portfolio Management Corporation, a boutique Canadian investment management firm for high net worth investors and their families
- Wealth and Investment Manager and Leader – as a Managing Director and Portfolio Manager led a variety of multi-billion dollar mandates at TD Asset Management for retail, institutions and high net worth individuals. These mandates included asset allocation funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and proprietary funds
- Former mergers & acquisitions investment banker
- MAcc (Gold Medallist) (University of Waterloo), BA (University of Waterloo)
- CFA, CPA, CA (Fellow), CBV (Fellow) (Gold Medallist), CPA (Illinois), FRM, CAIA
- Chair, CBV Institute; Past Chair, CFA Society Toronto; Former member of the Canadian Accounting Standards Board; current and past member of numerous investment committees for not-for-profit organizations including the Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
- Past Adjunct Lecturer, School of Accounting and Finance, University of Waterloo