Eelco is a non-linear T-shaped investment polymath and accomplished and trusted, regulator-approved professional fiduciary. Versatile and hands-on, up-to-date lateral thinking, resilient and enabling, globally networked, bridging the big picture and the detail. Strong analytical, synthesis and communication, motivation and negotiation skills, building cross-functional relationships on all levels, across cultures. With 25 years in the industry, of which almost a decade in fiduciary CFO- and COO-roles, strategizing and executing, clients and peers value his integrity, presence, hands-on experience, initiative, creativity, judgment and methodological team approach to solve issues, allowing for ambiguity. Eelco is a regular guest speaker on governance, ethics and risk in banking, investments and fintech.
CEO Credit Suisse Asset Management UK, London: “Eelco was a very knowledgeable and highly competent COO when I worked with him. He is very hard working and gets results”
Managing a USD 7 bn-burning hedge fund platform, the Lehman-, Madoff- and Parmalat-events, a pan-African project with a Lagos-listed bank, controlling exponential asset growth in investment management, reorganizing for enhanced compliance, the UBS/SBC-merger, ABN AMRO-training.
- Professional Director, 2015-, main focus: risk governance – currently involved with blockchain, donation flows, fintech, family office; prev. mandates in private debt, trade finance, blockchain, quant, hedge funds, em. markets, insurance-linked, struct. products, China eq., Africa real est.
- Almost a decade as C-level in wealth- and investment management, and blockchain a.o. COO at Credit Suisse Alternative Investments, with teams in Zurich, London, New York, and Pune with risk-based veto rights (AuM USD 17 bn), CFO at the Tezos Foundation in Zug (equity USD 600 mn (crypto and fiat)), Group-CFO at partner-owned alternatives provider Millennium Global Investments (backed by RIT Capital and APEX) in Geneva and London (AuM USD 15 bn), CFO at UHNWI-manager Centrum Bank, (AuM USD 10 bn), now part of VP Bank, Vaduz and CFO of the UBS Corporate Center in Zurich (incl. Group Treasury, -Participations and -Real Estate) during and after the UBS/SBC-merger.
- 5 years as consultant and project leader, incl. at PwC Zurich with focus on small and large international investment organizations (incl. on the ground in China, MENA, Africa). 6 years as corporate and institutional banker and financial analyst at ABN AMRO Amsterdam/Maastricht and UBS Basel.
- PhD Economics (Governance, with honours, Basel), M Blockchain Technologies (Barcelona), exp. 2021), M Social Innovation (Cambridge, exp. 2021), M Applied Ethics (Zurich), Exec M Positive Leadership (Madrid), M Laws (London), MSc & BSc Business Administration, BEng Mechanical Engineering (all Rotterdam), exchanged with Princeton.
- CFA, CDir, CAIA, FRM, CIFD, IFQ, CDDA, ACIArb, CMA, CPM, CL6σBB, executive education at Chicago, Harvard, INSEAD, Stanford, Wharton.
- Languages: English, Dutch, (Swiss) German, with a base in French, Mandarin and Spanish.
- Chair Annual Conference Advisory Group, CFA Institute, Instructor Risk Management, Euromoney, London, Adjunct Professor Finance Ethics Universities of Lausanne and Neuchatel, Jury Member Ethics & Trust in Finance Global Prize, Geneva, Volunteer Institute of Directors, London. Previously a.o. Instructor Investment Governance, Swiss Finance Institute, Program Director APAC, CIFD Institute, Member Exam Council CAIA Association. Editor, Governing Complex Investments, Wiley, 2021 (exp.). Nominated Distinguished Alumni Award 2018, RSM Erasmus University. Enjoys literature, seasonal sports and family, 20 years of substantial private exposure to China, visited 100+ countries.