Eelco is a non-linear T-shaped finance polymath and accomplished and trusted, regulator-approved professional fiduciary and advisor. Versatile and hands-on, up-to-date lateral thinking, resilient and enabling, globally networked, bridging the big picture and the detail. Strong analytical, synthesis and communication, motivation and negotiation skills, building cross-functional relationships on all levels, across cultures. With almost 30 years in the industry, of which 15+ years in fiduciary board, CFO- and COO-roles, strategizing and executing, clients and peers value his integrity, presence, experience, creativity, judgment and methodological team approach to solve issues, allowing for ambiguity. Eelco is a regular guest speaker on governance, ethics and risk in finance and fintech.
CEO Credit Suisse Asset Management UK, London: “Eelco was a very knowledgeable and highly competent COO when I worked with him. He is very hard working and gets results”
Designing financial and investment governance for the Tezos Foundation (blockchain, largest ICO in 2017), managing a burning multi-bn hedge fund platform at Credit Suisse, the Lehman-, Madoff-, Parmalat-events, a pan-African change project at a Lagos-listed universal bank, controlling for exponential growth at UHNWI-firm CentrumBank, the UBS/SBC-merger integration, group-level ABN AMRO-training.
- Professional director and advisor (AGP), 2015-, blockchain, sustainability, impact private equity; previously: blockchain, crypto, fintech, quant, hedge funds, emerging markets, insurance-linked, structured products, private debt, trade finance, China equities, Africa real estate.
- A decade as C-level in wealth- and investment management, and blockchain a.o. CFO at the Tezos Foundation in Zug (equity USD 600 mn (crypto and fiat), largest ICO in 2017), COO at Credit Suisse Alternative Investments, with teams in Zurich, London, New York, and Pune with risk-based veto rights (AuM USD 17 bn), Group-CFO at alternatives provider Millennium Global Investments (backed by RIT Capital and APAX) in Geneva and London (AuM USD 15 bn), CFO at UHNWI-manager Centrum Bank, now part of VP Bank, Vaduz (AuM USD 10 bn) and CFO of the UBS Corporate Center in Zurich (incl. Group Treasury, -Participations and -Real Estate) during and after the UBS/SBC-merger.
- 5 years as consultant and project leader, incl. at PwC Zurich, with focus on financial institutions (incl. on the ground in Poland, China, MENA, Africa). 6 years as corporate and institutional banker and financial analyst at UBS Basel and ABN AMRO Amsterdam/Maastricht.
- PhD Economics (with honours, Basel), ExM Environmental Governance (Geneva, exp. 2022), M Blockchain Technologies (Barcelona), MSt Social Innovation (Cambridge), M Positive Leadership (Madrid), MAS Applied Ethics (Zurich),MLaws (London), MSc Bus. Administration, BEng Mech. Engineering (both Rotterdam), Ex.MEnv. Governance (Geneva, 2022).
- CFA, FIoD/CDir, QRD, CIFD, SCR, FRM, CAIA, CMA, CDDA, IFQ, CL6σBB, exec.ed. at a.o. Chicago, Harvard, INSEAD, Stanford, Stern, Tandon, Wharton.
- Languages: English, German, Dutch, with a base in French, Mandarin and Spanish.
- Instructor Tokenisation, Global Blockchain initiative, Frankfurt, Instructor BeyondESG, Amsterdam Institute of Finance, Adjunct Professor Finance Ethics Universities of Lausanne and Neuchatel, Council Member, Institute of Directors, London, Director, Cambridge University Sustainability & Social Impact Society, Advisory Committee Member ESG Exchange, Jury Member Ethics & Trust in Finance Global Prize, Geneva, Chair Alpha Summit Advisory Group, CFA Institute. Previously a.o. Instructor Risk Management, Euromoney, Instructor Investment Governance, Swiss Finance Institute, Member Exam Council CAIA Association, Contributor Sustainability Hedge Funds, UNPRI. Recipient CFA Institute Inspirational Leader Award 2022.
- Other: 20+ years substantial private exposure to China (married in Shanghai in 2002). Visited approx. 100 countries.